You have setup your donation page, and are really happy with how it looks.
Now to add tracking code to the page so that you can follow where donations are coming from is the next step.
Before You Begin
- If you have not already done so, create a property in Google Analytics. Create one Analytics property for each website you want to collect data for. Creating a property generates a Google Analytics ID, which you'll use in your gtag.js installation.
- Find your Google Analytics ID, as described below. You'll use this Google Analytics ID in your setup.
- Copy and paste the global site tag to each web page you want to measure.
How To find the Google Analytics ID:
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Google Analytics ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Just go into the appeal page editor or thank you page you want to add your tracking codes to and search for the top bar like this:
Click manage tracking scripts
Insert the <script> tag from your analytics account into the box (include the start <script> and end </script> tags):
NB: This will still work even though it's not in the page <head>
Remember to publish the page once done!