Over the next few weeks, all charities on GiveEasy will be migrated over to Stripe. Some have already been migrated across and the remainder will follow shortly.
Thank you to each and every one of you for completing the additional documents that were needed.
We really appreciate it.
Note: If you have not completed the additional information (2 mins), you will see on the GiveEasy dashboard a link. This needs to be done ASAP. Please contact us if you have any questions.
It should be pretty much "business as normal" when your charity is on Stripe. Remember this is just a GiveEasy internal procedure (with benefits coming to your organisation both in the short term and medium term). However, with any change, there are just some details we want to draw your attention to:
1. Credit card statement for the donor - GOOD NEWS! When a donation is now made, your charity name will appear on their statement (previously it said GiveEasy)
2. Reconciliation - We will still be transferring funds to your charity once a week. There is now an additional tab under "My Account" called Payouts. This is where the Stripe reconciliation will be housed. Your previous credit card reconciliations will still be in their normal spot under "My Account" called Payments.
3. Weekly Statements via email - We anticipate these to cease once your organisation is fully migrated onto Stripe.
These instead will be able to be downloaded as per Point 2. You may, for one or two weeks, receive both reconciliations, an eWAY which was our previous credit card gateway (what you have been used to) and Stripe reconciliation, as we transition your organisation over. If there are any issues, please let us know.
As always, please get in touch with any issues or concerns. We will look to address these immediately! Thanks again
Some other Q and A for you
1. What should I use the All Givings For vs the My Payouts
The Payouts just reconciles what we transfer to your bank via credit card. The All Givings has the additional fields you may need as well as other payments types such as PayPal included. This means that the All Givings tab gives you a much better view of all the donations you are receiving. We intend to also add more payment types going forward.
2. When will the Stripe payments hit my bank account?
Currently we are transferring the credit card payments on the Wednesday, so this should hit your charity's bank account on the Thursday. Note that the payment period is slightly different than before - it is now Tuesday midnight (UTC time) to Tuesday midnight (UTC time). Currently that equates to 11am AEDT time on Tuesday.
2. I need to change our charity's bank account - what do I do?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the new bank details. We will need a bank statement/deposit slip (transactions do not need to be shown) with the bsb and account number as well as your charity name
Please email us with any questions or concerns you have.