GiveEasy's Beautiful Donation pages can include a comment stream so that your donors can leave a message that appears on the appeal page.
You should enable comments when you want to encourage donors to engage with your brand and each other, to leave a message of support or to build a sense of community amongst your supporters.
Before You Begin
- The Comment Widget is powered by Disqus. Make sure you have followed the Disqus Setup steps first.
- Make sure you are familiar with the GiveEasy Page Editor and have created an Appeal Page with any template.
Insert a Comment Widget Inline
- Comments Widgets can be inserted in any text block or box on your appeal page.
- Open the Appeal Page editor
- Edit a text block by clicking on the pen icon
- Place the cursor in the location you want to embed the comments. The embedded widget will be inserted here.
- Click on the plus icon to insert new content
- Choose the "Widget" button from the menu
- Select the "Comment Stream" type from the dropdown and click Confirm:
- Edit the configuration for you new widget:
- Here, you can insert the Forum/Site name, the API Secret and API Access Token from the Disqus Setup step:
- Click on the "?" if you need help with these values. When you've entered the values exactly as they appeared on the Disqus website, click "Update Widget" and close the dialog.
Add a Comment Input Box to your Donation Form
You need to add a field to the donation form so that your donors can add a message when they donate.
- Edit the configuration of your donation form:
- In the Extra Field settings, add a new "Message" type Custom Field:
- Give the field a name (this will be shown above the comment box) and click Add:
- You can add a placeholder message, but some users accidentally leave this message as the default when they donate (so we recommend leaving the Placeholder blank):
- Close the dialog and Publish Your Page