Insert Social Sharing Buttons
To help your campaign succeed, "Share on Facebook" and "Share on Twitter" buttons can inserted anywhere on your Appeal Pages and Thank You Pages. This will encourage your supporters to promote your appeal to their friends and followers.
Most appeal pages will see a benefit from social media momentum - we strongly recommend you add sharing buttons to all your Thank You Pages.
Before You Begin
- Make sure you are familiar with the GiveEasy Page Editor and have created an Appeal Page with any template.
- Social Sharing buttons will target a single URL. Make sure you are happy with your Appeal Page Title and have configured any alias URL Tracking Links
- IF YOU CHANGE THE URL OF YOUR PAGE WITHOUT UPDATING THE URL IN YOUR SOCIAL SHARING BUTTONS, THE SHARED LINKS WILL STOP WORKING.
Insert A Facebook Button
- Buttons are simply images with a hyperlink. They can be inserted in any text block or box on your appeal page.
- Find an image for your "Share On Facebook" call to action and copy it onto your clipboard.
- Here are some if you've forgotten how to use Google:
- Open the Appeal Page editor
- Edit a text block by clicking on the pen icon
- Place the cursor in the location you want to insert the image. Paste the image into the text box.
- Highlight the image (you can also highlight text):
- Click on the "Insert Hyperlink" icon (chain):
- Make sure you have the correct link to your Appeal Page. You can obtain this link by clicking "Publish" from the editor and copying the URL from the window.
NOTE! If using PURLS you need to make sure you customise the sharing link - the last thing you want is for your donors to share their PURL (pre-filled) with their wider community.
You can do this by going into the URL that is being shared on social and after the href pasted a new tracking link so you can track donations from FB
Q: Can I use my own Facebook App ID?
A: Yes, just follow the instructions provided by Facebook