SMSes outside of asking for donations is fast becoming a great way to communicate with supporters given 98% of them are read.
GiveEasy can quickly and easily set you up with a platform that allows self service and for you to communicate with your donors when you choose to.
- Login to the SMS platform (you should already have a username and password) - https://giveeasy.transmitsms.com/ - if not, pls contact GiveEasy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Goto Contacts and upload an Excel file (you can also upload a CSV file but I prefer excel) – make sure you name your fields clearly as you can customize each SMS e.g. [firstname], xxxxxx
- Once uploaded and named, goto send SMS.
- Select your list
- Choose the sender ID - if sending from a word the supporter cannot reply. Please get in contact with GiveEasy if you want supporters to be able to reply as GiveEasy will need to give you a specific number for this.
- Each SMS is 160 characters in length – if it is over it will be send to the supporters as 1 x SMS but you will be charged double
- Utilise the opt out already given in the platform
- Schedule a time if you want
- Select “no” to split sending and ‘no” to pending message expiry
- Then you have one more chance to review
It’s always good to send some tests .