Embed Youtube Videos
Video content from Youtube or Vimeo can be inserted anywhere on GiveEasy's Beautiful Donation pages so that you can provide a rich digital media experience for your supporters.
Most appeal pages will benefit from video content - try to make the message short, emotive and urgent to call your supporters to action.
Embedded videos are compatible with all Android, iPhone and iPad mobile devices.
Before You Begin
- The Embedded Video Widget is powered by Youtube or Vimeo. You will need to host the media on your own account and make sure that the content is published and publicly visible.
- Make sure you are familiar with the GiveEasy Page Editor and have created an Appeal Page with any template.
Insert a Video Inline
- Video Widgets can be inserted in any text block or box on your appeal page.
- Open the Appeal Page editor
- Edit a text block by clicking on the pen icon
- Place the cursor in the location you want to embed the video. The embedded player will be inserted here.
- Click on the plus icon to insert new content
- Choose the "YouTube" button from the menu (this button will also work for Vimeo content)
- In the dialog that appears, copy and paste the URL of your video:
- Click Confirm.
- Don't forget to Publish your page when you're happy with the changes.
Q: Can I set my video to Autoplay when the page loads?
A: No, the embedded player requires the viewer to click or tap on the video before it starts playing. Consider inserting an animated GIF image instead.
Q: How do I delete or move the video from the appeal page?
A: Simply edit the tile with the pen icon and click to place your cursor behind the video widget. Use the backspace/delete key to delete the object like a text character. To move the video, highlight the video by clicking and dragging and cut (Ctrl/CMD + X) then paste (Ctrl/CMD + V) the video into another line or text block.